Jeera Rice Recipe – Cumin rice is a common dish in Indian homes. This dish is so common that it is made in almost every season. Cumin rice is often made with food as an auxiliary dish. The idea of making a cumin rice dish is derived from the thought of the normal rice boiling method. Cumin rice is basically eaten with lentils but is not necessary. Cumin rice can be eaten without any vegetables either.
Cumin rice is made not only in India but also in countries that use rice grains. If you have not yet tasted cumin rice, just read this recipe and enjoy the taste of cumin rice today at home with family.
What Is Your Best Jeera Rice (Cumin-rice) Recipe?
Essential Ingredients – Cumin rice is very easy to make, so it requires common ingredients. Which we can easily find in our kitchen. According to 4 members
- – 500 grams of basmati rice
- – 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- – 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Black pepper – 10-12
- – 3-4 bay leaves
- – 1 finely chopped onion
- Salt as per taste
1. Wash the basmati rice thoroughly and soak it in water for some time.
2. Boil the rice in the pressure cooker, soak the water so that the rice blooms and shatters.
3. Heat the oil in the pan. Apply the tempering of cumin, black pepper and bay leaves and reduce the heat.
4. Add chopped onion and fry till brown.
5. Mix boiled rice and stir for a while.
6. Do not forget to add salt as per taste. It can be better served with dal, kadhi or vegetable.
Also read how to make: Aloo Gobi Recipe
Cumin rice is also beneficial with the taste –
Rice is a major source of carbohydrate. Rice is most commonly used in food grains because it provides instant energy. Cumin and black pepper make it flavorful and help indigestion.