Nutmeg is a popular spice having a long list of health benefits. Check Amazing Health Benefits of Nutmeg as well as Nutmeg Side Effects here. For more updates about Uses Of Ground Nutmeg Powder then read the full blog.
What is Nutmeg? – Ground Nutmeg
Meaning of Nutmeg: It is an Asian masala, which grows on the evergreen tree. It is known as the scientific name Myristicafragrans. It is the only tree which is the source of two popular spices, nutmeg and mace (Javitri).
Nutmeg is the seeds found inside, while Javitri is a red fiber-rich substance which keeps the seeds from the top. The taste of these two is the same, but the nutritious compared to nutmeg javitri and the spicier flavor in taste.
Nutmeg Benefits For Health And Skin
For the past several years nutmegs are being used to make the dishes delicious. Benefits of Nutmeg are much higher than the pancreas of health and it is used in home remedies to treat many health problems. Let us know the benefits of nutmeg which help us to overcome the health problems.
Nutmeg for Healthy Brain [Nutmeg Powder]
You can use nutmeg to keep your children’s brains healthy. To make your child’s brain healthy, add a pinch nutmeg powder to a glass of hot water and drink it daily before sleeping. It will help to sharpen your children’s mind.
Nutmeg and Milk Remove Insomnia
If you are not getting enough sleep in the night or you are having difficulty sleeping, then you should use nutmeg. This will help you get good sleep.
- Take one teaspoon nutmeg powder mixed with warm milk daily before sleeping.
- As an alternative to nutmeg, before you sleep, mix two drops of nutmeg oil in 2 teaspoon olive oil and massage your forehead. It is beneficial for your good sleep.
Nutmeg Oils Benefits For Joint Pain
To get rid of the pain of joints and muscles, add some nutmeg oil of coconut or olive oil to the affected organs and light massage twice or thrice a day.
Nutmeg Benefits For Face
Everyone tries to make their face beautiful and uses chemical products, which also have negative effects. Perhaps you do not know the benefits of nutmeg are also in keeping the skin healthy. You can use nutmeg to treat acne. This is one of the most common skin problems. Its antioxidant nature helps fight against free-radicals which help in removing acne from the skin.
Nutmeg is Beneficial For Digestion
The benefits of nutmeg cannot be overwhelmed by the digestive system. In addition to removing problems like vomiting, indigestion, swelling, gas, and loose motion, it also helps reduce the symptoms of Crohn’s disease, which is known as an obstruction in the intestine. It also helps to increase the secretion of gastric and intestinal juices. Essential oils of nutmeg help in strengthening the digestive system.
Nutmeg Side Effects
In general, consuming nutmeg does not cause any kind of damage. If it is taken in a greater quantity then there may be some serious losses which are as follows:
- By consuming nutmeg in a high amount (about 30 grams) it can be poisonous for you, which can create double vision and impulse for you. But if they are used in small quantities, then it is completely safe.
- Some people may have many problems like thirst, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, chest and abdominal pain, dryness of mouth when consumed in the excess quantity of nutmeg.
- More serious damages include Crohn’s disease, heart attacks etc.
- Pregnant and lactating women should not consume excess amounts of nutmeg.
- In pregnant women, it can cause miscarriages or birth defects.