Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Rome Airport is considered to be one of the busiest airports in Europe.
It is considered the 8th busiest in Europe and the 36th busiest airport in the world. It is the largest in Italy and the main airport of Rome.
The airport is located 35.0 km from the historic city center of the capital, Rome, 21.7 miles west of Fiumicino in the south-west direction. The airport is named after the famous Italian polymath Leonardo da Vinci, who built the first proto helicopter and a winged flying machine.
In the year 2014 Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport handled a huge number of 40,971,881 passengers. Although it was launched at the Summer Olympic Games in the year 1980, it was later converted as the new official airport of the “Eternal City“. Rome Airport is the main hub of Alitalia and Vueling. Rome Airport was renamed to honor the Italian polymath Leonardo da Vinci.
The ancient city of Italy Rome Airport
Rome is famous all over the world for an ancient civilization. There are many secrets still hidden in the buildings here. The grandeur and settlement of the city of ancient Rome are important in itself. The mystical passage and basement of ancient civilization are still considered an unsolved kink. Rome was the capital of ancient Rome’s civilization. It was located near the western coast of central Italy. Today, Italy is the capital of the country. The city began to shrink, but it grew as the empire grew. There was a time when in ancient times more than one million people lived in the city.
also read: Hill Station Auli
There are 4 terminals in total at Rome airport ie 1, 2, 3, 5. But nowadays there are only two in service. Terminal 1 & terminal 3 is in service while terminal 5 is under reconstruction. Terminal 1 now only handles domestic and Schengen flights, as well as Delta checks for flights to the US, which are now also hosted in Terminal 1. Terminal 2 is now permanently closed due to the expansion project of Terminal 1. The services for Blue Air, Eurowings-Germanwings, Pegasus Airlines, Ryanair and Wizzair are now provided in Terminal 3. There is a free airport shuttle service available all the time, and running every fifteen minutes. It connects the airport, the Parking areas within the Rome Airport and the Cargo city area as well.
Italy Rome Airport Services at Rome International Airport.
In 2016 a study conducted by ACI (Airport Council International Association) measured the quality and satisfaction amongst 250 worldwide airports. Rome Airport was the most satisfying airport regarding passenger satisfaction in Europe.
The main Services and Facilities at Rome International Airport are:
- – Easily accessible desks for passengers with reduced mobility and priority for security and passport
- – Self-service check-in at Terminal 3
- – Wi-Fi without time limits
- – Free luggage trolley service
- – 48 toilets made with avant-garde style
- – A Terminal manager always there to assist travelers and help them
- – Fax and Photocopier facility
- – Separate collection of rubbish to recycle
- – Eat & Drink Guide
- – Personal Shopper service is available in Italian, English and Mandarin Chinese, from 09:00h to 21:00h at the E boarding area.
- – New interface for the ADR app
- – ATMs and currency exchange offices
- – Tourist Information Office
- – First Aid station with a medical doctor if needed
- – Assistance request points
- – there are pharmacies at both Terminal 1 (Check-in area) and Terminal 3 (Departures, second level).
- – To make the most of the airport facilities, Rome Airport counts with the Kiss & Go area.
- – VIP lounge as well as passenger lounge available at both Terminal 1 and Terminal 3.
- – Lost & found service.
Also read: Best View Of Golden Gate Bridge At Night