Check Dal Makhani Sanjeev Kapoor Recipe from here. Dal Makhani is a Punjabi Vege dish which everyone likes. It is usually made at home and also in the party etc. Its recipes are also very easy. You can also make this Recipe of Dal Makhani.
How To Make Dal Makhani? – Dal Makhani Slow Cooker
Vegan Dal Makhani: Dal is not made on any special day, but when it comes to Dal Makhani, it makes food special. Do you know why we call it Dal Makhani?
That is because we use a lot of butter and cream in it, And it is delicious with this. There is a lot of protein in it so that makes it so special, it takes a bit more time to make it. Let us cook it slowly on low flame. So let’s see what we need to do to make Dal Makhani.
Dal Makhani Ingredients (Calories)
- Urad Dal – 100 grams
- Rajma – 50 grams
- Meetha Soda – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cream – 2 teaspoons
- Butter – 2-3 spoons
- Ghee – 1 or 2 Tablespoons
- Milk – 250g
Dal Makhani Masala
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 Teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 Teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 1/4 Tablespoon
- Salt – According to taste
- Heeng – 1-2 pinches
- Cumin – 1/2 teaspoon
- Fenugreek – 1/4 teaspoon
- Daal Chini – 1 small piece
- Tej Patta – 1-2
- Dal Makhani Masala – 1/2 Tablespoon
Dal Makhani Tadka
- Tomato – 4
- Onion – 2
- Green chili – 2 to 3
- Ginger – 2-inch piece
- Green coriander – Half small bowl (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 5-7 Bud
Note: Before making Dal Makhani, you should keep black soap urad Dal and rajma soaked in water in 8 hours.
Dal Makhani Recipe Sanjeev Kapoor [Dal Makhani Instant Pot]
- To make Dal Makhani, wash the soaked Rajma and moong with water well before 8 hours and put it in the cooker.
- Now you add 2 cups of water, salt, and coconut to it and you can gas it by boiling the cooker to boil it.
- When 1-2 whistles come in the cooker, slow down the gas and let it cook for 5-6 minutes. Dissolves it well. And it feels like cream in the food.
- Now add 2 spoons of ghee in a kadhai. If you want to use ghee in Punjabi food, you can also put oil in it.
- When ghee becomes hot, then first add Asafoetida in the kadhai. Now add lentil sugar, cinnamon leaf, and Daana methi and fry it.
- When the color of standing spices starts changing, then add puree of onion in it and fry it until brown.
- When the onions are fried a little, then add tomato puree in it, add grated ginger and garlic paste and fry them all together.
- When the whole masala starts roasting well then add turmeric powder, chili, salt, garam masala, and Dal Makhani Masala to it and fry it well.
- When the masala starts separating from ghee, add 1 spoonful of cream to it and fry it well. Keep stirring continuously in curd, otherwise, the spice can stick or burn.
- Now open the cooker and see that the lentils in the steam have been cooked well and dissolved in water. If you still get a little bit of water, you can put some water and put it on the gas for a whistle again.
- When the spices roast well then you pour boiled dal in it. To make the pulse thick and thin according to your size, add milk to it. And let it boil well for 2-3 minutes.
- After 2-3 minutes, add 1 tsp butter to it and after it mixes well in the butter lentils, add some cream and green coriander in it and cover it on a low flame and let it cook for 1 minute.
Makhani Dal Serve With Butter
Dal Makhani Recipe: After garnishing Dal Makhani, add the melted butter to it from top to bottom after you put the Dal in the bowl. Insert the cream from a spoon spreading it all around. Add green coriander and sprinkle a little bit of 2-3 pinch of Dal Makhni masala.