Do you want to start your first blog but you don’t know what is the best blogging platform to make a blog? So, this article is for you only. Here we are sharing complete information about the Best Blogging Platform for creating blogs and why?. So, if you want to start your own blog then read Which is the Best Blogging Platform Complete Guide.
Blogging Platforms – How To Make Money Blogging For Beginners
Blog Sites To Make Money: Choosing a good and best blogging platform is a bit difficult but by knowing about some top blogging platforms you can easily find out which platform will be better for you.
In this article, we will tell you about some of the best blogging platforms and will also tell which blogging platform is better? So let’s know?
Here we are comparing the popular and best blogging platform with advantages and disadvantages. So that you can easily choose the best blogging platform.
WordPress is the most popular blogging software in the world and people choose this platform the most to create a blog. WordPress.org is an open-source software platform that allows you to create a website or blog according to your interest.
Note: – Do not make the mistake of understanding WordPress.org and WordPress.com are both different and .org is free and .com paid, in which you have to charge for every feature.
WordPress Blogging Advantage:-
- WordPress.org is open-source software that is 100% free. This gives you full control over your blog.
- You can add extra features like a forum, online store, and membership services to your blog.
- In WordPress, you can add whatever feature you want with the help of plugins, so that you do not need coding work.
- There are about 50,000 free plugins on WordPress which can fulfill all your needs.
- The biggest and best thing is that it is search engine friendly.
- To manage WordPress, you should have some knowledge of it.
- You have to manage your blog backup and security yourself.
WordPress.org is free software but requires a domain name and hosting to run. You can run WordPress on the best hosting server and domain as per your choice. You can install WordPress by buying the domain and hosting for under 1,000 rupees.
2. BlogSpot (Blogger)
Blogger is Google’s free blog hosting service which was started in 2003 to offer quick an fast way to create a blog to non-tech-savvy users. It is absolutely free.
It is also known as BlogSpot, any user who does not have the domain and hosting money or does not want to invest to start a blog, can create a blog on blogger.
But there are many limitations on the blogger platform that does not allow you to do what you want. Like not being able to optimize every feature, not getting full control over some feature.
- Blogger is absolutely free.
- It is easy to manage and use without any technical skills.
- The biggest advantage is Google’s robust secure platform and reliability.
- Free HTTPS is available and the domain is also not required.
- You are limited to basic blogging tool, you cannot add more features to a blog when it is popular.
- Repeated update (new feature) service is not available on Blogger like WordPress.
- Design options are limited and very few templates are available.
- Third-party templates for Blogger are often of low quality.
- Google can suspend your blog at any time (they have the right to suspend your blog without warning
Blogger is completely free service but if you want to add customize domain like example.com then you have to buy the domain.
WordPress.com is a blog hosting service created by Automattic, WordPress.org co-founder Matt Mullenweg. It provides the service of building a blog with a sub-domain in free.
You can purchase the custom domain name, additional storage and other additional options or premium services as per your requirement.
- No setup required.
- Manage and very easy to use.
- There are limited options to expand your site.
- To use other features one has to pay.
- You cannot place Adsense ads on your blog.
- Your blog will not be your blog, WordPress.com can suspend your blog anytime like Google.
WordPress.com basic account is free but it will have WordPress.com ads and Branding. To remove this advertisement from your website, you have to take a personal plan of $ 2.99 / month. For the rest of the features, you will have to pay a charge or upgrade the plan. It is very expensive.
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 & 10+ Review
Wix is a hosted platform for building websites, it provides small businesses with a drag and drop tool to build websites. That is, you can easily make your website without any coding information on it.
- Setup is very fast and easy.
- You can customize your site using many templates and third-party applications.
- You can easily create your website with the easy drag and drop tool.
- You do not need any kind of coding knowledge to create a website on Wix.
- Free account is limited and shows the branding and ads of Wix.
- There are limits to using third-party apps.
- Once you choose a template, you cannot change it.
- Ecommerce feature is limited to paid plan and services are also limited.
Basic Wix website builder is free but you will have to pay $ 4.50/ month for adding a custom domain.
Tumblr is slightly different than other blogging platforms. It is a micro-blogging platform with social networking services which includes following, rebuilding, built-in sharing tools to follow other blogs.
- Tumblr is free and very easy to use.
- It has an integrated social media component.
- As a microblogging tool, Tumblr makes the blog, video, GIFs and image easy.
- It comes with limited features which makes it difficult for your blog to proceed.
- Many themes are available for Tumblr but they do not provide additional features.
- It is difficult to backup your Tumblr blog or imports it into another platform.
You can use Tumblr for free and add a custom domain to your blog by purchasing it. Also, third party themes and apps can also be used.
Joomla is an open-source software content management system. It is also a self-hosted solution, meaning you will need a domain name and web hosting like WordPress to use it.
- It is very powerful and flexible.
- It can be used to create any kind of website or blog.
- You can choose from hundreds of templates to customize the design of your site.
- There are many Extensions (Joomla apps) available to add more features to it.
- The Joomla community is much smaller than the WordPress community, so it has fewer themes than WP.
- You will be responsible for backup, update, and security of your blog.
- Support options are limited to its community options and Paid support is very expensive.
Joomla is free but to use it you will need domain and hosting. If you use Hostgator hosting, then you will have to pay Rs 99/- month.
Weebly is a hosted platform that allows you to create a website using drag and drop. It comes with many ready-to-use themes. You can customize R themes using its web-based interface.
- Without technical skills, you can build a website with drop and drag tool.
- There are quick and easy setup and Weebly hosts your site for you.
- Weebly lets you try it for free before purchasing services.
- Build-in features are limited and you cannot add new service to it.
- Limited integration with third-party platforms.
- It is difficult to export, transfer sites from Weebly to another platform.
Weebly’s paid plans start at 8$ month and include very little service. To unlock all available services, you have to take a plan of 49$ month.
The medium was launched in 2012, it is an easy to use blogging platform with limited social networking services. It is primarily designed for medium community writers, bloggers, journalists, and experts.
- Medium is very easy to use, which does not require setup.
- This allows you to reach the online community.
- Instead of creating a website, you can just focus on writing the blog.
- The facilities for designing and creating a brand is very limited.
- You cannot run advertisements on it to earn money.
- Medium is the owner of your audience. This means losing your audience when you lose your blog.
Using Medium is absolutely free.
Ghost is a minimalist blogging platform that focuses on writing blog posts. It is available as a hosted platform and software that you can install and host yourself.
- Best to focus on blogging and writing.
- Its user interface is clean, clutter-free and intuitive.
- There is no setup required for the hosted version.
- It is not easy to customize with Apps.
- Interface options are limited.
- Not enough themes to change the site appearance.
The self-hosted version requires a custom domain and hosting and the 19$ month plan has a limit of 25000 page views.
Squarespace is a website building service that lets you create beautiful websites using easy drag and drop tool. These are focused on small business owners who are searching for an easy way to make an online presence.
- It is very simple and easy for the beginner.
- It has professionally designed templates.
- It provides the domain with SSL / HTTP and eCommerce store.
- It is so limited that its proprietary platform builds service.
- The personal plan has limits of 20 pages, a blog, and 2 contributors.
- Its integration is limited to some services and tools.
If you initially pay for one year, you will have to pay a fixed $ 16 / month for their individual plan. The business plan will require payment of 26$ month.
After knowing about all the blogging platforms in the above list, you must have found out which is the best among them all. Even if it is not found, you will definitely want to know about our recommendation.
We believe that out of all the above-mentioned blogging platforms, WordPress is the best blogging platform. It is a powerful, easy to use, full control and free software platform running on the preferred hosting server.