Andaman-Nicobar Islands – Paradise of Exotic Beaches
Andaman-Nicobar Islands situated in the Bay of Bengal (India). The place is having 572 islands that divided into five major categories – Great Andaman, Little Andaman, Ritchie’s Archipelago, East Volcano and Sentinel Islands. The place is famous for exotic beaches. The crystal clear beaches are seems very rich in nature as anyone can feel lost there. Giant rocks in the middle of deep blue sea says islands wild stories.
Beaches are like Hippies places. If you are a water sports lover and Andaman-Nicobar is the place you were searching before. So many water sports activities you can enjoy here. The place is also heaven for those who loves a wildlife taste. There are 96 wildlife sanctuaries, 9 National Parks and Biosphere Reserve. The place is also famous for rich marine species.
Best places to Visit in Andaman-Nicobar Islands
Andaman-Nicobar is the place which is full of life. There is Peace, Adventures, Enjoyment and one can not forget the living life moment here. There are Islands, beaches, Wildlife Sanctuaries, Museums, and many more places to visit.
There are some best suggestions for tourists.
- Islands : Swaraj Dweep (Havelock Island), NSCB Dweep (Ross Island) and Shaheed Dweep (Neil Island). These islands are just mesmerising, Incredibly beautiful. At Swaraj you will find many things to do as this is the most popular islands in the group. NSCB and Shaheed are also as beautiful as Swaraj and have different kinds of things to do.
- Beaches : Radhanagar Beach, Elephant Beach, North Bay Beach and Vijaynagar Beach are the most visited beaches. There are countless beaches but these are the beaches tourists want to go. The most probable things to do find in these beaches only. North Bay Beach offers you ‘Underwater Walk’ where you see Colourful fishes, Octopus Garden, Coral Reefs and explore life of underwater.
- Other Places : Cellular Jail National Memorial, Mount Harriet and Madhuban, Museum Circuit, Rajiv Gandhi Water Sports Complex, MG Marine National Park, Chidiya Tapu and Forest Museum.
Activities to do in Andaman-Nicobar Islands
Explore Islands : Havelock (Now Swaraj), Ross (NSCB) and Neil (Now Shaheed) Islands are the main Islands in Andaman-Nicobar.
White sand beaches and rainforests make Havelock Island one the beautiful destinations in Andaman-Nicobar. Beach-combing, scuba diving, sea-walk, snorkelling, diving, Watersports, surf-riding, the sunset or sunrise, elephant ride, bird-watching, trekking, sailing, kayaking and many more things to do at Havelock Island.
Breathe on Beaches : There are many beautiful beaches in Andaman-Nicobar which might remain in your mind ever. Radhanagar Beach and Vijaynagar Beach are the best and most beautiful beaches at Havelock Island. These are the beaches famous as White Sand Beaches. Elephant and Kalapathar Beaches are also beautiful beaches on Havelock.
Ross Island famous for walk through Ross Island Penal Colony and British Colony Ruins. An active volcano can be seen from a distance.
Neil Island is a beautiful tiny Island located in the south Andaman. There are several beaches over here named on Ramayana Characters. Snorkeling, Scuba diving, Game fishing, trekking. Cycling, Sun bathing, swimming, bird watching and many more things you can do at Neil. Neil is also famous for less crowd and Privacy.
Play Sports you love : If you are not a peace lover and want some activity and enjoyment than there are many sports activities for you in Andaman-Nicobar Islands. Rajiv Gandhi Water Sports Complex is the main place where you can get your whole enjoyment with friends and family.
Other than this water sports are available on main beaches at Havelock. Surf-riding can be done at Radhanagar and Vijaynagar beaches at Havelock as well as other Boat sports and Paragliding can also be enjoyed.
Experience an Underwater Life : Scuba diving attracts the most to the tourists. There are many diving sites which provides unbelievable life experience. Seduction Point, Aquarium, Lighthouse, Pilot Reef, Mac Point, Minerva Ledge and Turtle Bay are the main diving points at Havelock.
Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park is the best place to live a marine life. mangrove creeks, tropical rainforest and reefs helps 50 types of coral. It is one of the best places for Scuba Diving as well as snorkelling and glass bottom boat rides.
Neil Island also provide a good marine life experience. Snorkeling, Scuba diving, Game fishing, trekking. Cycling, Sun bathing, swimming, bird watching and many more things you can do at Neil.
Catch wildlife adventures : Elephant beach is a must visit for wildlife lovers. This is famous for underwater sea walk which can be a lifetime experience for a wildlife lover. One can enjoy here sightseeing while having elephant riding. Travel bloggers and photographers can click beautiful landscapes here.
Chidiya tapu is another important place for wildlife lovers. There are several types of bird species so this is a paradise for wildlife or bird photographers. Andaman-Nicobar Islands has more than 250 species of birds and most of them are found on “Chidiya Tapu”.
Visit Museums and Let them make you ‘Feel Wonderful’ : Cellular Jail National Memorial is one of the best places in Andaman-Nicobar. The place was used to be a jail which was called “Kala-Pani”. Prisoners are being jailed here in British rule over India.
Museum Circuit is also a great option to know about History and Culture of Andaman-Nicobar Island difficult life. It is a must visit place where you definitely feel wonderful after seeing those unbelievable things.
Forest Museum is also there to get islands forest experience at one place.
Festivals in Andaman-Nicobar Islands
- Island Tourism Festival : This festival is the main and biggest celebration in Andaman-Nicobar Islands. This festival is a cultural event which mainly organized to promote tourism in Island. The main place where the festival celebrated is Port-Blair, instead of this other places are also celebrates this festival like Wandoor, Shaheed Dweep, Swaraj Dweep, Rangat, Mayabunder, Diglipur, Hut Bay, Car Nicobar, Kamota, Campbell etc. The festival celebrates for 15 days in January month. The main attractions of festivals are food stalls, floating restaurants, Live band music, Performances etc.
- Beach Festival : The festival is recently started by Department of tourism development. It celebrates in April month for 3 days which fix before a month. In this festival small activities arranged to engage tourists like small games, sports activities etc. Businesses on beaches get decorated with colorful balloons.
- Music Festival : This festival is most loved festival specially for music lovers and hippies. Many famous and folk artists perform in this festival.
- Other Festivals : World tourism day festival held on 27th September, Food festival celebrates for 4 days in september month and Film festival celebrates in 3 days in november.
Best time to Visit
The best time to visit Andaman-Nicobar Islands is from October to February. The winter season is the best time to visit as there would no Humidity found in minimal condition. Good weather and medium temperature in this season help to feel comfortable. Rainy season is not suggested because of high tidal waves, incessant rains and strong winds. However People like to go during the rainy season also as many people like surfing on waves. Summers are never recommended because unbearable heat there.
How to Reach
Port Blair is the main city in Andaman-Nicobar Islands which is well Air connectivity. Indians do not need any passport to visit Andaman-Nicobar Islands. If you are visiting these beautiful Islands then there are schemes and guidelines you should check before going. To know about govt strict schemes and guidelines please check link given below :
If you belong from not an Indian area than you have to fill a from for RAP (Restricted Area Permit). Find the form from link given below:
The Andaman-Nicobar Tourism department provides brochure for many points like Places, Activities, Environment & Forest. It is advised to check brochure once as it is very helpful for a tourist. Check link for brochures : https://www.andamantourism.gov.in/html/brouchure.html