In India, the potato Cauliflower “Aloo Gobi Recipe” vegetable is the first choice of every household during the winter season. It is so common that its number comes 2 times a week. This can happen more often. Potato Cauliflower vegetable is commonly found in every Indian kitchen. It is a favorite dish made by Indian housewives during the winter season. Not only this, in Indian hotels and restaurants, potato Cauliflower is found at the top of the list of important dishes.
How to make Spicy, Flavored and Delicious Potato-Cauliflower (Aloo Gobi Recipe)
Potato Cauliflower is a traditional dry vegetarian dish commonly eaten in North India. It is a spicy dish made by mixing potatoes and cauliflower. It is usually served with wheat, maize or millet bread. Apart from this, it is also served with rice.
Fame – As we discussed, it is one of the major dishes made in the homes of the residents of North India during the winter season. Although it is a world-famous dish, it is generally a home-made dish in India.
Ingredients – To make delicious, spicy and tasty potato cauliflower, we need the following ingredients:
According to 4 people –
– Cauliflower chopped (250 grams)
– Finely chopped potatoes (250 grams)
– 2 medium-sized finely chopped onions
– 1 teaspoon ginger paste
– 1 teaspoon garlic paste
– 2 medium-sized tomatoes, finely chopped
– 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 5-7 black peppers
– A pinch of Asafoetida Powder
– 1 spoonful of dry coconut
– 1 teaspoon red chili powder
– 1 teaspoonful of coriander powder
– 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 2 green cardamom
– 2 cloves
– 1 tbsp oil
– Coriander chopped
– Salt as per taste
1. Heat oil in a pan and add asafoetida powder and cumin seeds. Immediately add black pepper, green cardamom, and cloves.
2. Immediately add finely chopped onion, along with turmeric and salt. Cook on low heat until brown.
3. When onion becomes light brown, add ginger and garlic paste. Cook on low heat. Stir continuously and do not let it stick to the bottom of the pan.
4. Make a paste by mixing red chili powder, dry coconut, coriander powder. Put this paste in the pan and cook on low heat.
5. When oil comes up, add finely chopped tomatoes and cook well.
6. Add chopped cauliflower and chopped potatoes and mix well. Cook until the potatoes and cauliflower absorb the mixture.
7. Add some water and keep stirring till the vegetables are cooked.
8. Serve hot in a bowl with green coriander.
Beneficial for the body
Potatoes contain vitamins, calcium, and magnesium which are beneficial for health. The carbohydrates present in it are very helpful in maintaining our digestive system. Cauliflower contains calcium, phosphorus, protein, carbohydrate, and iron, besides vitamins A, B, C, iodine, and potassium and a small amount of copper, so it is very beneficial for health.